Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wisconsin DT Recruit Dan Moore Celebrates Success

It's not too often that there are very good, free recruiting articles. But when there are some available, I'd like to bring them to everyone's attention.

Over the past week, Wisconsin has received four (possibly five) more commitments to add to their 2008 football recruiting class. All but one of them have come on the defensive line. One of those linemen, JUCO transfer and defensive tackle Dan Moore, shared his excitement with Chris Pool of Badger Nation.

Dan's story is about overcoming adversity at all levels to get to where he is today and will be next year. But now all that he's focused on is winning with the Badgers. You can tell he's quite enthusiastic.

“I was told that I’ll have the opportunity to compete right away for a starting job.” He said. “You don’t know how good that makes me feel. The fact that I could actually be lining up next to Matt Shaugnessy is just incredible.

“I have to get up to Madison after Christmas and start working hard. I need to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity that I’ve been given.

"To be completely honest, my goal is to play in the league (NFL) but what I’ll be most proud of is getting my degree from the University of Wisconsin. Nobody will ever be able to take that away from me.”

It's great to have Dan on board. It sounds like he will be an early enrollee, as well. Can't wait to see him in cardinal and white.

Link: A Time To Celebrate

No comments: