Thursday, December 20, 2007

Beckum On Board One More Year

Junior tight end Travis Beckum announced today that he will be returning to Madison for his Senior season to continue playing as a member of the Wisconsin Badgers. Great news for Badger fans, and for whomever takes over at QB next year (Evridge). Here's what Beckum had to say:

“Playing at Wisconsin in front of the greatest fans in college football is something I want to continue doing for one more year,” said Beckum, a junior and finalist for the 2007 John Mackey Award. “I looked into my options and found the best one is right here with this university. I’m enjoying being a Badger and can’t wait for our bowl game in Tampa, as well as for next season. I’m glad this decision is behind me and I’m looking forward to another year at Camp Randall.”

Gotta love bringing back a First-Team All American!

Link: UWBadgers Official Press Release

No comments: